Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Connecting to Denodo Virtual DataPort from Go

Perhaps I can reuse the setup of my previous post for another database connectivity experiment, this time from Go.

I have very little knowledge of Go. It seems like a pragmatic language with good tooling. And there exists a PostgreSQL driver written in pure Go that I can use.

The first step is to install Go and set up the environment. Once ready, the PostgreSQL driver can be installed in the workspace with the command go get github.com/lib/pq.

Then we create a project named github.com/danidiaz/hellopq in the workspace, with the following Go file:

The code was adapted from the one shown in this video. The connection parameters were taken from here.

Executing the program, it seems to work!

But I have a remaining doubt: how to properly handle the nullability of the last_updated column?

No comments:

Post a Comment